[Gmsh] Arbitrary stopping of gmsh

Marco Goetz marco.goetz at tu-dresden.de
Fri Mar 9 07:58:33 CET 2018

Hello gmsh team,

I am using gmsh in an automatic optimisation progress which needs remeshing
of my finite element model.

I parametrised the input file and everything seems to work well.

But, from time to time, gmsh stops within the meshing, or optimisation
progress. I can’t identify any

reason, there is no print that something does not work. I seems to be
arbitrary.

If I rerun the example, it works, so there is no “impossible” geometry.

I run gmsh using the following command (on windows):

>>> gmsh hook.geo -o hook_mesh.vtk -3 -algo del3d -smooth 5 -order 1
-optimize -clmax 3.5 <<<

I also tried other algorithms mmg3d, front3d which yields to same result.
Furthermore, I tried 32bit/64bit version and the previous version 3.05.

Do you have any suggestions to overcome this?

Thank you all in advanced.

Best regards,

Marco