[Gmsh] Ensuring conformal meshing when using geomtry from Freecad

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 12:21:15 CEST 2018

Dear Benedikt,

As others have pointed out, the simplest solution is to add "Coherence;" after "Merge" - provided that you add "SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");" before, i.e.

SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");
Merge "nanopore-rev-600.brep";
Coherence;

This is a new feature of the upcoming Gmsh 4.0 release, and is available in the automated snapshots. With the OpenCASCADE kernel, Coherence is actually a synonym for BooleanFragments. The above code is thus equivalent to:

SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");
vol() = ShapeFromFile("nanopore-rev-600.brep");
BooleanFragments{ Volume{vol()}; Delete }{}

Christophe