[Gmsh] Version of MINGW GCC used in CYGWIN to compile?

Artur Palha artur.palha at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 08:39:27 CEST 2018

Dear John,

I tried to compile gmsh with Cygwin with gcc 6.4 and I got several
problems. I managed to compile it after changing a few things. I also had
to limit the compiled components to a smaller set.

I do not remember exactly what I did and at the moment I do not have access
to the computer with Cygwin. Tomorrow I will have access and I will give
you all the steps I followed.

Essentially it boils down to commenting a line in the main CMakeLists.txt
file and replacing some header files (e.g.: dirent.h instead of direct.h)
and some other small things.

-artur palha