[Gmsh] Gmsh Python API

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at gmail.com
Mon May 21 19:04:43 CEST 2018

> On 21 May 2018, at 18:54, Alejandro Pina <ajpina at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Christophe for replying. I have attached a picture after adding the line you suggested.
> In the picture you can also see the API version I am using and built number. The size of triangles does not respond to any value set on ‘lc’.

By default gmsh.intialize() reads the Gmsh configuration files it finds on your system; my guess is that you have some options set in .gmshrc or .gmsh-options to change the default meshing algorithm (your log shows that you're using Frontal, which is not the default) and the mesh size.

Try

   gmsh.initialize('', False)

which will disable reading of the config files.