[Gmsh] Crash in Delaunay Quad 2d mesh using the Gmsh-api

Konstantinos Iatridis k.iatridis at itech-soft.com
Thu Jun 14 16:47:02 CEST 2018

Thank you for the fast response!
I downloaded the current gmsh version from github.
I build it again as dll.
Configuring gmsh I changed the following switches to reduce dependencies:
.	ENABLE_ACIS=0
.	ENABLE_BLAS_LAPACK=0
.	ENABLE_FLTK=0
.	ENABLE_OCC=0
.	ENABLE_OCC_CAF=0
.	ENABLE_OPENMP=0
.	ENABLE_OSMESA=0
.	ENABLE_OPTHOME=0

My compiler is visual studio 2015.
I modified the code of my app following your Python example. In your example
you set the Algorithm =5 but as far as I can see the desired algorithm for
me is =8. I tested both:

std::string geofile; //..
std::string mshfile; //..
gmsh::initialize();
gmsh::option::setNumber("General.Terminal", 1);
gmsh::option::setNumber("Mesh.Algorithm", 5); //5: runs ok, 8: crash!
gmsh::option::setNumber("Mesh.RecombineAll", 1);
gmsh::option::setNumber("Mesh.RecombinationAlgorithm", 1);
gmsh::open(geofile.c_str());
gmsh::model::geo::synchronize();
gmsh::model::mesh::generate(2);
gmsh::write(mshfile.c_str());
gmsh::finalize();

As in the previous version
-Algorithm 5 runs ok
-Algorithm 8 crashes and as I can see from my debugger still in
backgroundMesh::updateSizes()

Could the build options or the compiler version affect the Delaunay Quad
Algorithm?
Can you verify that the same code runs in your configuration with Algorithm
=8?
Any suggestion on what could cause the crash?

Thank you in advance

Konstantinos Iatridis
-itech