[Gmsh] Gmsh Tutorial 1 fails...?

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Sun Jun 24 19:45:25 CEST 2018

> On 24 Jun 2018, at 18:50, Zuheyr Alsalihi <alsalihi at vki.ac.be> wrote:
>
> Dear gmsh Community,
>
> I am using the following executable downloaded today, 24/06/2018:
> gmsh-3.0.6-Linux64/bin/gmsh
>

> I copied and pasted the t1.geo from Prof. Geuzaine's gmesh Website which is attached.
> I seem to do a mistake as I get errors which are saved and attached here in error.txt file.

You are trying to open a development version of "t1.geo"  (from the development site) with the stable (much older) release of Gmsh. The tutorials corresponding to the stable version are bundled with the code.

If you want to use development stuff, just download the latest Gmsh snapshot from the website and everything will be ok.

(The development version will become "Gmsh 4.0" soon.)

—