[Gmsh] Defining regions in Gmsh

Felix Salazar felix.a.salazar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 06:15:36 CEST 2018

Hello Ajay,

If I understand correctly, you want to define region 1 (your orange
rectangle, without the triangular hole), and region 2 (the triangular
hole), and somehow compute the difference. Is that correct?

You might run into something called non-conforming meshing, which is having
an interface (the boundary of the triangular hole) where the position of
the boxes and elements doesn't necessarily match.

However, GMSH has the option to define holes. So there won't be any
geometric algebra. Check the documentation about defining surfaces with
holes