[Gmsh] sliver element in 2D

Deanna Michelle Sewell Deanna.Sewell at colorado.edu
Mon Aug 13 23:10:32 CEST 2018

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate some help meshing splines in 2D. Above the
junction of where the two splines meet, I am getting a sliver element that
I cannot get rid of despite refining the mesh, smoothing, and optimizing.
I've tried local refinement with no success.

Is there a way to set a minimum element quality such that these type of
elements cannot be created? I have attached my geo file, along with a
screen shot of the area I am concerned about.

Thank you so much for creating such a great tool!

Best Regards,
DS