[Gmsh] 360 degree rotation of structured hexahedral mesh using OpenCASCADE factory leads to "findRootSourceFaceForFace() failed"

Sigve Karolius sigve.karolius at ntnu.no
Mon Aug 20 14:17:53 CEST 2018

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank you for making the excellent GMSH software publicly available.

Now on to my question. I am trying to rotate a surface around an axis four times; thus, generating a structured hex mesh of a volume in the shape of a "shell".

In the attached example you can try to generate the shape of a hollow pipe (simple example for illustration purposes) with and without  `SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");` by rotating a rectangle four times about an axis. By running the example (requires version 3.X) in the GUI you can see how the error `findRootSourceFaceForFace() failed` appears when the OpenCASCADE is used. The attached PNGs are screenshots of the respective result.

My question is if there is simply something I have completely missed in the manual?

Regards,

Sigve Karolius