[Gmsh] Plugin application on multi-mesh views

Venkata Raghunath Rachabattuni motor at ieee.org
Thu Aug 23 08:28:37 CEST 2018

Hello Gmsh community,

I was trying to apply the matheval plugin on my pos data and encountered
the error that says I can't apply matheval plugin to multi-mesh views. When
I searched in the source, hasMultipleMeshes() triggers this, which inturn
is triggered by a comparison with Gmodel type pointer m and the getModel()
in the file PViewDataGModel.cpp. I could not go beyond to investigate.

What I could not understand is, why do the model's obtained from getModel
() for different timesteps have to be identical. (My model involves
rotation of the mesh, if that matters)

I have multiple physical regions and multiple time steps in my model. I
intend to calculate dB/dt for reach element and calculate few more
parameters using that. I have attached my model and the GetDP pro files so
that you may replicate the problem.

I am attaching a template model's files along with this email. Please open
the *motor_pro* with gmsh to run. myMotor_pro is the solver file for GetDP,
motor_geo is the top level geometry file and motor2_geo is the detailed
geometry file. I replaced the dots in the file name to _ avoid hyperlinks.
The model files with without any problem with the onelab for Windows 64 (
including complex numbers support for GetDP).

The model attached is for a surface mounted pm based bldc motor in outer
rotor configuration. It is set to run for one full electrical revolution in
steps of 1 deg mechanical(6 degree electrical) in a total of 60 steps.

Once the run is complete, please try to apply Matheval plugin on view 2. I
used a simple expression v0 and everything else is set to default.

Thanks for going through the files and possible instructions.

Best Regards

RaNa

https://motorrlib.gitlab.io