[Gmsh] way to create a structured triangular mesh as shown in figure

ashish bhole ashishbhole07 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:06:22 CEST 2018

Hello All,

I am looking for a way to create a structured triangular mesh
as seen in attached fig.png in gmsh.

Transfinite surface creates a mesh in which rectangles are split
into triangles by in one direction only. I am looking for a
way to create triangles those are split into alternate directions
so that mesh will look like the one in the attched figure.

I could not find an algorithm in the gmsh documentation that would do
this job.

Kindly help me out if someone knows the way out.

-- With Regards
Ashish Bhole