[Gmsh] (again) on v4 mesh format

Alessandro Vicini alessandro.vicini at sitael.com
Thu Sep 6 15:04:53 CEST 2018

In version v2 of the mesh file, surface elements are directly associated to the physical ID of the surface they belong to (which is useful).

If I get it right, in version v4 this direct association is missing: the surface elements are associated with the elementary ID of the surface, and the correspondence between elementary and physical surfaces is to be found in the Entities list.

My question is: is it possible with version v4 to still have the direct association surface element -> physical surface? Thank you.

Alessandro