[Gmsh] Defining a small circle on a truncated cone

Najib Alia alia at wias-berlin.de
Tue Oct 2 17:10:02 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I am trying to define a small circular area on the outer surface of a
truncated cone, see file attached.

After defining some points for the circle on the outer surface, and
using Ellipses and the feature "Points{...} In Surface{...}", the 3d
mesh does not take into account the circle; only the points are
correctly on the mesh.

It seems that the way I have built the circle is not correct: the circle
does not follow the curvature of the cylinder.

How can I construct the circle so that it fits with the truncated cone
and its volume mesh?

Thank you very much ahead for your help.

Best regards,

--

Najib Alia
MIMESIS PhD Student