[Gmsh] Spacing of boundary layer cells

Nathan RICKS Nathan.James.Ricks at vub.be
Wed Oct 10 12:16:02 CEST 2018

Hi Gmsh users/developers,

I'm working on a simple 2D airfoil mesh (coarse geo file attached) - I would like the boundary layer to not have a uniform discretization along the airfoil surface. I would like "wider" cells mid chord, and "narrower" cells near the leading and trailing edges. From what I can work out, the boundary layer cell width is only defined by the characteristic length given at the first point of the curve?

ie. hypothetical boundary layer cell "width" on a curve shown below:

leading                   mid                     trailing

|-|-|--|--|--|----|----|----|----|--|--|--|-|-|

Is there a way to enforce this?

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards,