[Gmsh] "Tag # already exists" with OpenCASCADE engine

Wang Bin binwang.0213 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 17:03:47 CEST 2018

Dear Developers,

Thanks for the nice mesh generator.  Now I'm trying to use
*BooleanFragments* in OpenCASCADE engine to mesh some "compsolid" model
(picture) with conforming mesh on the common interface (see attachment geo
file).

[image: compsolid.PNG]
But the OpenCASCADE engine will add new Points, Lines or Surfaces during
the boolean operation. Thus, Gmsh keeps give me a error "Point/Line/Surface
# already exists".

So, is there any method/tricks to avoid this issue? Such as reserve some
tag id for the New geometry objects. Why Gmsh not using "*newreg*" internally
to append new geometry?

Thanks for your help!
--
Bin Wang