[Gmsh] Meshing Error in v4.0.4?

Jensen, Aaron J. Aaron.J.Jensen at leidos.com
Tue Oct 30 23:19:08 CET 2018

Hello,

I am working on a fairly complicated 3D model and mesh using gmsh that requires OpenCascade (for Boolean operations mostly).  I have been running into some odd issues near some of the edges which I originally thought might be overcome by modifying my Boolean operations.  However, after quite a bit of testing I found the problem occurs for even a simple script:

SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMax = 1.0;
Cylinder(1) = {0, 0, 70.0, 0, 0, 60.0, 50.0};

I set all of the gmsh options to their defaults except for viewing element faces and you can see the resulting image attached.  I finally discovered that this does not occur in version 3.0.6 of gmsh but it does occur in version 4.0.4.  Have you seen this behavior?  I presume this is a bug or there is a flag of some kind that I need to set?

Thanks,
Aaron