[Gmsh] Gmsh-4.0.4 Volume mesh issue

Simone GREMMO Simone.GREMMO at umons.ac.be
Mon Nov 12 14:38:00 CET 2018

Dear all,

I have just downloaded the last version of Gmsh (4.0.4), but I am facing a problem with the generation of a "simple" volume mesh.

I would like to mesh a volume delimited by a surface mesh in .msh format, but it looks like Gmsh cannot create the volume mesh.

Error Message is :

Info    : Boundary Recovery...
Info    : Writing to GRegion...
Info    : Reconstruct time : 0.116395 sec
Error   : No tetrahedra in region 5
Info    : 3D point insertion terminated (3195 points created):
Info    :  - 0 Delaunay cavities modified for star shapeness
Info    :  - 0 points could not be inserted
Info    :  - 0 tetrahedra created in 1.6e-05 sec. (0 tets/sec.)
Error   : No tetrahedra in region 5
Info    : Done meshing 3D (0.133228 s)
Info    : 4857 vertices 6617 elements
Error   : ------------------------------
Error   : Mesh generation error summary
Error   :     0 warnings
Error   :     2 errors
Error   : Check the full log for details

I am attaching the .geo file I have created as well as the surface mesh I used. To launch the mesh generation I run the command:
gmsh-4.0.4 createGeom.geo -3 -o volumeMesh.msh

Note that the same test case is successfully meshed using Gmsh version 3.0.6.

Do you have any suggestion on how to solve the problem?

Is it possible that the surface mesh, containing both triangles and quadrangles is at the origin of the problem?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,

Simone G.