[Gmsh] Replace fan nodes with normal triangular cells

Nathan RICKS Nathan.James.Ricks at vub.be
Thu Nov 15 17:08:33 CET 2018

Dear gmsh community,

I'm working on an airfoil mesh, utilising the boundary layer function. I'm mostly satisfied with the outcome, but there is one small issue. At the trailing edge, the closest fan nodes become very, very small (especially if a smaller first layer is required). I'd like to replace the fan nodes with normal triangular cells, is this possible without resorting to changing the meshing strategy to transfinite curves? If I don't use the fan nodes, the trailing edge becomes quite ugly otherwise.

I've attached an example image of what I'd like to achieve at the trailing edge, as well as a coarse example mesh demonstrating the issue.

If you have any thoughts or ideas, that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

[FLOW]

[VUB]
        Nathan Ricks | PhD Student