[Gmsh] Wrong elements

cristini paul cristini at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Thu Jan 17 12:54:05 CET 2019

Hello,

I am facing a problem with Gmsh. I am generating a 2D mesh (quadrangles)
which consists in many disks put inside a box.

It is working for a configuration with ~ 1000 disks but unfortunately I
have a problem when trying to generate a mesh with # 3000 disks.

I use the external python API  to generate the .msh file but my tool
which detects elements with negative jacobians find some although Gmsh
didn't mention anything. After reading the .msh file with the GUI I
finally found that there is indeed problems at the places detected by my
tool.

I enclosed screen captures showing the situation.

Do you have an idea of what's going on ?

Thanks

Paul

  Paul CRISTINI  Charge de Recherche CNRS (HDR) / CNRS Research Scientist
  CNRS - Laboratoire de Mecanique et d'Acoustique (UMR 7031)
  Bureau 119
  4 Impasse Nikola Tesla, CS 40006, F-13453 Marseille Cedex 13 - France
  mailto: cristini at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
  phone number: +33 (0)4 84 52 42 51
  http://www.lma.cnrs-mrs.fr/