[Gmsh] Skipping surface on conversion from STEP to geo_unrolled

Gavin Ridley gavin.keith.ridley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 03:32:03 CEST 2019

Unfortunately I cannot share this STEP file in particular. It's a bit big
for sake of example anyways. Even better, could you show how to modify
import.geo from the demos directory so that the cylindrical surface on the
inside of the nut is split into two cylinders by a plane perpendicular to
the axis of the nut's hole? Then one BC could be applied below a certain
axial level (along the axis of the nut's hole) and a separate one above
that plane?

Physically, I need to do this since I'm trying to model a pipe which has
one section of it wrapped in heating tape, and another section insulated.

If this isn't straightforward, I will just go back and modify the CAD.
Seems that most CAD software has a tool for splitting surfaces.

--
Thanks,
Gavin Ridley