[Gmsh] gmsh produces an overrefinement mesh

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Mon Apr 8 16:08:58 CEST 2019

> On 8 Apr 2019, at 15:45, Octavio Castillo Reyes <ocastilloreyes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> The overrefinement is on points 9, 10, 11, 12, where a size dg*4 is set. However, if I remove the attractor field, the elements are larger at those points. I do not know what I'm forgetting.
>
> Can you give me some tips?

Your background field

Field[1] = Attractor;
Field[1].NodesList = {101:105};
Field[2] = Threshold;
Field[2].IField = 1;
Field[2].LcMin = 10;
Field[2].LcMax = 100;  // <==
Field[2].DistMin = 100;
Field[2].DistMax = 300;
Background Field = 2;

requests a mesh size of 100 when you are more than 300 away from the attractor nodes.

Remember than Gmsh uses the minimum value of all mesh size constraints ; so here it will be 100.

Christophe