[Gmsh] Problem with VTK output

David Fernández david.f.c at live.com
Tue Apr 16 20:13:43 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I'm using the python interface to run the example "t1.py". I tell it to generate a vtk file. The problem is that when I try to open it with Paraview I get the following error:

Generic Warning: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/Legacy/vtkDataReader.cxx, line 1436

Error reading ascii data. Possible mismatch of datasize with declaration.

ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/Legacy/vtkUnstructuredGridReader.cxx, line 346

vtkUnstructuredGridReader (0x924c360): Unrecognized keyword: ,1

Also,  if I try to open with the python vtk module I get:

ERROR: In /work/standalone-x64-build/VTK-source/IO/XMLParser/vtkXMLParser.cxx, line 399
vtkXMLDataParser (0x5647883f9170): Error parsing XML in stream at line 1, column 1, byte index 1: not well-formed (invalid token)

ERROR: In /work/standalone-x64-build/VTK-source/IO/XML/vtkXMLReader.cxx, line 491
vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader (0x5647883fa010): Error parsing input file.  ReadXMLInformation aborting.

ERROR: In /work/standalone-x64-build/VTK-source/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 784
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x5647882b6da0): Algorithm vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader(0x5647883fa010) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x5647882ba290)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 219
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

This seems strange to me since I'm not changing anything in t1.py except for the output format. Does anybody knows what's the reason of this problem?

I would like to point out that at this point I'm just trying to visualize the meshes that I generate, so I would appreciate if you could also let me know of alternative "easy" ways to visualize .msh files.

Thank you very much.

Best,

David.