[Gmsh] mesh from STEP file: correct units

Marco Tiberga M.Tiberga at tudelft.nl
Tue Apr 23 23:15:54 CEST 2019

Dear Gmsh developers,

I want to create a mesh from a STEP file, loading it from a geo file.
The mesh should be in m (as you can see from the step file, line 2916) , but from the numbers I visualize in gmsh, I deduce the lengths are still expressed in mm (the entire domain should be around 2.5m high, but I see 2500).

How can I perform the units conversion? I tried with
factor = 1.e-3;
allpoints[] = Point "*";
Dilate{{0,0,0},{factor,factor,factor}}{Point{allpoints[]};}
but it does not seem to work.

I attached the .geo and the .stp files I am using. I use Gmsh 3.0.6.

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry if the question is stupid, but I have little experience in using gmsh with step files.

Best regards,
Marco Tiberga
PhD candidate
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Applied Sciences
Radiation Science & Technology Department
Mekelweg 15, 2629 JB Delft, The Netherlands
E-Mail: m.tiberga at tudelft.nl<mailto:m.tiberga at tudelft.nl>
Website: http://www.nera.rst.tudelft.nl/