[Gmsh] saving/reading meshed geometries from C code.

walter steffe walter.steffe at alice.it
Sun Apr 28 11:20:23 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am using c library of gmsh in my EmCAD tool.
The geometries are imported from step files using the OCC library and
meshed with gmsh.

I would like to do the following: First I would like to mesh an OCC
model (IF_model) which contains a set of faces. Then I would like to
mesh a second OCC model (solid_model) which includes all the faces of
the IF_model and a few additional solid bodies. I need to have a 3D
(tetraherdal) mesh for the solid_model and I need to share the 2D mesh
with the IF_model.

So I was thinking to import the mesh file associated with the IF_model
and use the functions "void copyMesh(GEdge *from, GEdge *to, int
direction)" and "static void copyMesh(GFace *source, GFace *target)" in
order to copy mesh data from IF_model to solid_model.

The problem is that copyMesh requires geometrical data (Gedge *from or
GFace *source) and I do not know how to transfer these data from
IF_model to solid_model.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks for your attention.

Walter Steffè