[Gmsh] CreateGeometry for multiple Surfaces / Volumes

Sebastian Blauth blauths at itwm.fraunhofer.de
Mon Apr 29 09:22:46 CEST 2019

Hi,

I've got a question regarding the CreateGeometry command in conjunction
with multiple Surfaces.

I would like to use gmsh for remeshing a transformed mesh (which was
orignally created with gmsh) and I think that the CreateGeometry command
would do exactly what I want: Take a discrete mesh and extract the
underlying geometry (ideally with the same indices) so that I can
perform a remeshing.

However, this does not work if I have multiple (adjacent?) surfaces in
my mesh. There, I just get a segmentation fault.

I've included a minimal working example, where test.geo defines my
"deformed" mesh (unfortunately I cannot send the mesh file directly, but
I generated it just using "gmsh test.geo -2", and I want to remesh this
using remesh.geo

I really appreciate any help on this.

Best regards,

Sebastian