[Gmsh] separate boundary layer settings

Felix Salazar felix.salazar at polymtl.ca
Mon May 20 17:26:11 CEST 2019

Based on the .geo file, what you're seeing on the top and bottom surfaces
is due to the extrusions. The combination of these plus the BL fields
creates more layers than the 5 specified in the extrusions.

Try disabling (commenting) either the extrude or the BL field and remesh.

Around the cylinder, there's a BL. You have smaller quads there. If you
want finer control, try using an O-grid mesh
<https://www.researchgate.net/figure/O-grid-around-the-circular-cylinder_fig11_280028215>,
similar to the one on the previous link.

*Félix Salazar**felix.salazar at polymtl.ca <felix.salazar at polymtl.ca>*