[Gmsh] Question about gmesh number of nodes

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Wed Jun 19 16:13:50 CEST 2019

> On 15 Jun 2019, at 07:25, Mohamad Jalalimanesh <mohamad.manesh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I have the same question as this link :
> http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2012/007316.html
> Specifically, I'm trying to do this in Command-line options with mesh1 output type. How can I do that?

All Gmsh options can be set from the command line (using e.g. '-setnumber OptionName value' for numeric options); some popular options also have shortcuts. See the reference manual for the extensive list.

So if you want to scale the mesh size from the command line you could e.g. do

gmsh file.geo -3 -clscale 1
gmsh file.geo -3 -clscale 0.5
gmsh file.geo -3 -clscale 0.25

Christophe