[Gmsh] Different behaviour in Win or Linux

Max Orok morok at mevex.com
Mon Jul 22 17:06:10 CEST 2019

Hi Alessandro,

I don't think you could ever guarantee identical behaviour between
different OS's (because of differences in underlying numerical libraries
etc.)
On a case-by-case basis though I think it's possible!

Are there specific features in your geo file that you think cause issues
and might be candidates for replacement by other Gmsh features?
Maybe a series of boolean operations could be replaced by a STEP file
import and surface numbering etc.

If identical behaviour is absolutely necessary, another option is using the
Gmsh API (Python, C++, etc.)
You'd get better control over your data and have a full programming
language to use instead of only what the geo file understands.

Sincerely,
Max

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:46 AM Alessandro Vicini <
alessandro.vicini at sitael.com> wrote:

> A geo file which works under windows has problems when read under Linux64
> (same code version, 4.4). I guess this is because of a different numbering
> of geometrical entities derived from transformations or boolean operations.
> Should I expect this? Is there a way to ensure "compatibility" of geo files
> under different OS? Thank you.
>
> Alessandro

Max Orok
Contractor