[Gmsh] info

Max Orok morok at mevex.com
Sun Aug 18 17:46:37 CEST 2019

Hi Mauro,

The setMeshSize function takes a list of dimension, tag pairs aka dimtags.

Since it only handles points (dimension 0), I believe a list like
[(0, 1), (0, 2)]
is fine, but a list like
[(1, 1), (0, 2)]
wouldn't be handled properly.

All the entity types are:
0 = points
1 = lines
2 = 2d surfaces
3 = volumes

There is another option called CharacteristicLengthMax that globally sets
the maximum mesh element size.
I'm not sure whether this gives the same results as calling setMeshSize on
every point.
You can set it using the C++ function gmsh::option::setNumber.

Here is more info from the docs:
http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Mesh-options-list

Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMax

Maximum mesh element size
Default value: 1e+22
Saved in: General.OptionsFileName

Sincerely,
Max

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 2:12 PM Mauro Corbo <ing.maurocorbo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am plyling around Gmsh developer version with vc++ 2017 Comunity Ed.
> I would import a Step/Iges  file with the function :
> " GMSH_API void importShapes(const std::string & fileName,........"), and
> I would remesh with different mesh size, to get a more uniform mesh.
>
> I checked for "setMeshSize ..." function
> But I don't understand this : " Currently only  entities of dimension 0
> (points) are handled."
>   What does it mean only points are handled?
> Is it possible have different mesh sizes,plying on "size" parameters ,like
> in attached dPDF?
> Thanks in advance

Max Orok
Contractor