[Gmsh] import STL object then Boolean subtract

Junting Chen chen112p at uwindsor.ca
Wed Aug 21 20:47:41 CEST 2019

Hello, I have read this topic being discussed:

http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2019/012729.html

One of the comments you left was that user can merge the STL using built-in
and then switch to Opencascade, as long as one doesn't use boolean
operation afterward.

However I do need to use the boolean operation to subtract the imported
object (3D). Is it some other tricks to overcome this issue?

Also, this imported object has a section above ground level and a concave
section below ground level. Would you mind to give me some guidance on
meshing this stuff? I dont think it is going to be a straight forward
BooleanDifference. I have attached a schematic to illustrate my case.
Thanks!

 Junting Chen