[Gmsh] question on addEllipseArc in Occ in python api

Peter Johnston p.johnston at griffith.edu.au
Mon Sep 16 08:45:28 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am having problems trying to create an elliptical arc in gmsh using the python API. I keep getting the following run-time error:

[peter:gmsh] % python3 trial-ell.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "trial-ell.py", line 80, in <module>

    region()

  File "trial-ell.py", line 71, in region

    inn_surf = gmsh.model.occ.addEllipseArc(pil,origin,major_in,piu,-1)

  File "/Users/peter/fromnet/gmsh-4.4.1-MacOSX-sdk/lib/gmsh.py", line 3503, in addEllipseArc

    ierr.value)

ValueError: ('gmshModelOccAddEllipseArc returned non-zero error code: ', 1)

Unfortunately, I don’t know what this error means, despite having looked through the python source code. I have attached the offending code. I am using the gmsh 4.4.1 SDK.

If someone could help me, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks very much,

Peter.

Associate Professor Peter Johnston (FAustMS, FIMA)
School of Environment and Science
Griffith University | Nathan | QLD 4111 | Technology (N44) Room 3.19
T +61 7 373 57748| F +61 7 373 57656 Email p.johnston at griffith.edu.au