[Gmsh] Gmsh API Licensing

Juan Sanchez juan.e.sanchez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:42:13 CEST 2019

If you use:
https://github.com/nschloe/pygmsh

which is a MIT-licensed library, I would argue that your software could
remain closed source.  pygmsh provides a means to generates .geo scripts,
which are then interpreted by Gmsh, so no dynamic linking is involved.

Of course, I would recommend talking to your legal department concerning
your strategy.  I would be most concerned about the implications of using
the AGPL when Gmsh dynamically links against the TetGen library.

Regards,

Juan