[Gmsh] About *Surface sets in Gmsh - Abaqus

MA Ariza-Gracia miguel.ariza at artorg.unibe.ch
Mon Nov 4 13:59:38 CET 2019

Dear all,

from a STL surface I meshed a volume. I need to have one surface to
apply a pressure boundary condition in a subsequent Abaqus analysis. The
problem of keeping the surface and the volume is that elements and nodes
are duplicated (even if I tried coherence / remove duplicate options).

Is there a way of defining a *Surface set (defined in abaqus by the
facet of the elements on where to apply the BC). From what I've read,
I'm not sure if this is possible.

Best,

MA