[Gmsh] question about python api

Frederic Dubois frederic.dubois at umontpellier.fr
Thu Nov 28 20:06:09 CET 2019

Dear all,

I am trying to mesh a composite material made of paste and grains.
Since I have to do some Boolean operation on a 3D volume of composite I tried to use the occ factory.
At the end of the day I need a continuous mesh where paste elements of the mesh belong to a paste physical group and grains elements belong to an other physical group.

In the attached script I first create a cylinder and two grains.
Using a cut I was able to obtain a mesh with all the elements belonging to the paste.
Using a fuse I was able to obtain a mesh with all the elements belonging to the grains.
Unfortunately, it seems that the two meshes are separated.

I tried to fuse them to obtain a continuous mesh but I am not sure it works fine and that it is the proper method.

Any advice ?

Regards

--
Frédéric Dubois, PhD, Eng.