[Gmsh] Problem with mesh creation from a brep geometry

andrew armitatz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 21:35:44 CET 2019

Hi,

#1.
I have the file n.geo and a corresponding P.brep file. The n.geo loads the
brep file (p.brep) and meshes it using delaunay and fields. In linux gmsh
ver 4.4.1 meshes the file using delaunay in less than 3 minutes in an i7.
In windows in an i7 the same version does not produce a mesh even after
more than 4-5 minutes (it probably falls back to meshAdapt).

I solved this problem by increasing the randomFactor but I would expect
that the two version would show the same behaviour.

#2.
Is there a way to disable the automatic fall back to meshadapt if delaunay
fails even if it means that gmsh will abort with an error?

#3.
The binary version of gmsh for linux is compiled with parallel support (or
at least that is what I see in the info). In ubuntu is there a one liner
that can run gmsh in parallel for 2d or 3d meshes like 'mpirun -np 4 gmsh
-.... -parallel' ?

kind regards

andrew tsiantis