[Gmsh] Creating surface mesh from super-ellipse points

Orxan Shibliyev orxan.shibli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 20:15:26 CET 2019

I have a data file of points obtained with super-ellipse equations. The
data file contains coordinates of each point of helicopter fuselage and
pylon. In the first figure, the points are shown from xz view.

In the second figure I generated points with lesser density so that you can
see that each point belongs to an ellipse. Since the points of fuselage and
pylon are generated separately, some of the points cross the surface (which
is not created yet) of other object.

I want to create a surface out of the points of fuselage and pylon. This
seems like a like surface generation out of point cloud but in this case
each points belongs to an ellipse. So the points are not distributed
randomly.

I am not sure if possible but the surfaces might be created separately with
different data files and then merged together. I will 2D mesh the surface
with triangles after the surface is obtained.

In general, what method should I use? Which functions?