[Gmsh] strange behavior of layer extrusion

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Fri Dec 20 08:27:42 CET 2019

> On 19 Dec 2019, at 21:24, Marco Antolovic <marco_antolovic at yahoo.it> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed a strange behavior for layered extrusion. It appears that if you first extrude a point to line and then operate a translation on the line than the layering is lost:

That's currently (unfortunately) normal. Extruded meshes rely on the fact that the mesher knows how the geometry was constructed: currently as soon as a geometrical entity is modified, we assume that this relationship is lost.

We should handle translations and other simple transforms and modify the extrusion functions accordingly - but that's in the TODO list. Don't hesitate to contribute a patch if this is critical for your workflow.

Christophe