[Gmsh] Slivers generated by GMSH

Grunwald, Christoph Christoph.Grunwald at emi.fraunhofer.de
Tue Mar 3 07:37:53 CET 2020

Dear all,

I try to mesh a volume filled with spheres. The meshing works - however, GMSH creates some very flat tetraeder (sliver). Since I need the mesh for a structural analysis with explicit time integration, these elements boild down the whole simulation and finally kill the simulation. Are there any hints, how to get rid of these elements?
The file is attached, I am working with the development snapshot of GMSH from 01-27-2020.

Thank you very much,
Kind regards,
Christoph Grunwald
--
Dipl-Ing. (FH) Christoph Grunwald
CAE-Engineer, Structural Dynamics, Safety Technology and Protective Structures