[Gmsh] saving GMSH mesh into a CAD file format like STEP

Louise Olsen lolsenkettle at swin.edu.au
Thu Mar 5 01:11:36 CET 2020

Hi Guillame,

Thanks for your suggestions. After creating the mesh I got the following error message when I tried to save the mesh as a STEP file:

Info    : Done optimizing mesh (28.8829 s)
Info    : 326219 nodes 2114578 elements
Info    : Writing '/home/lolsenkettle/Desktop/composite research/CAD File format/meshtargetSaveStep.geo.opt'...
Info    : Done writing '/home/lolsenkettle/Desktop/composite research/CAD File format/meshtargetSaveStep.geo.opt'
Info    : Writing '/home/lolsenkettle/Desktop/composite research/CAD File format/OlsenCheckStep.step'...
Error   : No OpenCASCADE model found

I was using the most up-to-date version of gmsh I could fine (version 4.5.4).

Thanks, Louise

Dr Louise Olsen-Kettle

VC Women in STEM Fellow
Mathematics Department