[Gmsh] Python API and Spyder

paul francedixhuit paul18fr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:59:17 CEST 2020

Hi

One would say this is not the "normal" use of the Gmsh API, but for my
developments under Python, I'm always coding under Spyder IDE (and I would
like to continue if possible).

I've been noticing that when Gmsh GUI needs to be opened (t8.py case for
example), then it becomes not possible to close it and it's necessary to
close Spyder as well (of course it works fine in commande line).

Can we imagine something like *gmsh.close*()?

In addition as I've ever said in a previous post, Gmsh API can be used:

   1. either by defining the PYTHONPATH as described in the doc (I've
   defined it in the .bashrc file)
   2. either by explicitly implementing it at the beginning of the Python
   file (see sys.path.append)

Find some screenshots in attachment

Stay at home

Paul