[Gmsh] Is it possible to build a surface from a deformed mesh?

Rosicley Júnio Rodrigues Rosa rosicley at usp.br
Fri May 8 17:02:28 CEST 2020

Dear Gmsh developer,

I'm working with crack propagation and I would like to know if it is
possible to build a surface from a deformed mesh. My initial idea is to
write a .msh file with the deformed mesh (basically with the new
coordinates of the nodes). Then I open this .msh in Gmsh to insert a new
crack line. For this, I need to create a surface according to the deformed
mesh. However, I really don't know if it is possible to create a surface
from the elements 1D or 2D. It would be better if I wrote the .msh with
only the boundary elements (elements 1D) due to the computational cost.

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,

Rosicley Júnio Rodrigues Rosa