[Gmsh] Help refining a 3D mesh around a plane

Silvia Ceccacci (HDR) silvia.ceccacci at hdr.mq.edu.au
Wed May 27 03:36:24 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I need help refining my 3D mesh around a plane. I have set a few points on the x-axis and refined around them (see s1.png and s2.png), in this way:

lc = 0.015

Point(1) = {-0.003,0,0,lc}

Point(14) = {0.009,0,0,lc}

Field[3] = Distance;

Field[3].NodesList = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14};

Field[4] = Threshold;

Field[4].IField = 3;

Field[4].LcMin = lc/100;

Field[4].LcMax = lc*20;

Field[4].DistMin = 0.001;

Field[4].DistMax = 0.0015;

Now, I want to refine all around the XY plane. The way I would go about it is to set a few more points on the XY plane (symmetrically) and refine around them in the same way as above.

However, this approach does not ensure homogeneity in the refinement and I believe there is a smarter way to do it.

Could anybody help me with this?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Silvia