[Gmsh] 3D non-uniform meshing

Tian Xia tianxia.ui at gmail.com
Sat May 30 09:21:08 CEST 2020

Hi Gmsh developers,

Thank you for developing this extremely useful tool. Recently I have
encountered a couple of problems about generating 3D non-uniform mesh:

1. If I define a background (for example threshold) field and define the lc
for an object using "Characteristic Length{ PointsOf{Volume{1};} } = lc;",
the mesh size in the volume 1 will have two mesh size definitions. How will
Gmsh treat this this? Will it just use the smaller lc or overwrite one of
these?

2. If I'd like to mesh a box in this way: the surface closed to the eight
corners (for example, distance=1) need to be densely meshed (lc0), other
part of the surface needs to be meshed with lc1. Inside the volume, it can
be meshed as coarse as possible. Is there a way to do that in Gmsh?

Thank you for your help!

Bet regards.
Tian