[Gmsh] gmsh 4.5.6: Creating a mesh from .vtk files - Surface is not remeshing but only the Volume

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Tue Jun 23 13:35:47 CEST 2020

> On 23 Jun 2020, at 10:16, Lisa Pankewitz <lisa at simula.no> wrote:
>
> Hi Christophe,
>
>  Thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood.
>
> Could you maybe point me to a tutorial or an example that elaborates a bit more on how I would now tag the surfaces manually based on the vtk providing the boundaries?
>  I assume you tagged the surfaces and volume afterwards in order to create the nice figure you sent?

No I just used the script and set nice colors. After looking at your file in more detail though, we could actually do without reclassifying the input mesh if

1. we improve the VTK reader to create one surface per file (instead of loading all the triangles in a single surface)
2. you fix File_2.vtk (which has triangles oriented inconsistently)

I just coded 1. and manually fixed 2. Here's the resulting script, nice and easy ;-)