[Gmsh] Meshing fails without apparent reason

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Wed Jun 24 13:37:33 CEST 2020

> On 23 Jun 2020, at 18:53, Bruno Agostini <bruno.agostini at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Gmsh community,
>
> I am trying to 3D mesh the here attached Schwarz-D surface, but the meshing fails complaining about boundaries not being recovered, which does not help me to solve this problem. I think there are no overlapping facets, and the geometry is not particularly complicated, so I am stuck here. Any ideas?

1) the STEP file already contains a volume, so

Surface Loop(1) = Surface{:};
Volume(1) = {1};

in your .geo file will lead to overlapping volumes

2) The volume in the STEP file is made of surfaces that do intersect: see attached picture

So there's no hope in trying to mesh the volume as-is...

Christophe