[Gmsh] parallel meshing?

Sabrina Zacarias szacarias at ikp.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jul 1 19:48:29 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I am very interested in meshing in parallel since my 2d model takes ~8hs
to mesh. It is a 8-node quad (which is rather slow in itself, from what
I have experienced so far) but the main issue is that there is one
special surface that is very large and has to be very finely meshed. I
saw that it is possible to do something with OpenMP  (I compiled gmsh
enabling that option), but setting the multithread option to a number >1
did nothing (when it starts meshing, there is a message saying 'max
number of threads = 1'). I am afraid I am missing something.

Could I please ask for some insight?

Best,

Sabrina

--