[Gmsh] Avoiding Pyramids

Guillaume Parent guillaume.parent at univ-artois.fr
Thu Jul 2 09:33:54 CEST 2020

Hello,

it is hard to provide a solution without seeing your script.
My guess is that some regions are meshed using prisms and other ones are
meshed using tetrahedrons.
Then, a layer of pyramids is required at the interface of those regions.

But again, without your script, this is just a guess...

Le jeu. 2 juil. 2020 à 08:53, Markus Knoch <knoch.markus at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Dear gmsh community,
>
> I am currently trying to run magnetodynamic simulations using
> Sparselizard, unfortunately it does not support pyramid elements. My 3D
> mesh consists of cylinders, cones, blocks etcs. I have come quite far using
> python to create the geometry and mesh but I can't seem to avoid pyramids.
>
> I used different mesh algorithms, the built in kernel and open cascade but
> I always seem to have pyramids within my mesh. Is there any way to avoid
> pyramids?
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Best regards
>
> Markus

Guillaume Parent
Prof. in Electrical Engineering
Artois University
Laboratoire Systèmes Électrotechniques et Environnement (LSEE) - UR 4025

Faculté des Sciences Appliquées
Technoparc Futura
62400 Béthune - France

Tél : +33 (0)3 21 63 72 44