[Gmsh] Small element size factor does not work

Jeremy Theler jeremy at seamplex.com
Fri Jul 24 11:19:19 CEST 2020

RT(F)M, section F.5 question 3 in
http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Mesh-module-questions
How can I only save tetrahedral elements (not triangles and lines)?

By default, if physical groups are defined, the output mesh only
contains those elements that belong to physical entities. So to save
only 3D elements, simply define one (or more) physical volume(s) and
don’t define any physical surfaces, physical curves or physical points.

Also, section 6.2
http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Elementary-entities-vs-physical-groups
is
relevant:
To save all mesh elements wether or not physical groups are defined,
use
the Mesh.SaveAll option (see Mesh options list) or specify
-save_all on the command line. In some formats (e.g. MSH2),
setting Mesh.SaveAll=1 will however discard all physical group
definitions.

Regards--Jeremy Thelerwww.seamplex.com