[Gmsh] Scripting multiple views in one picture

Max Orok morok at mevex.com
Thu Aug 27 21:26:42 CEST 2020

Hi Zuheyr,

I assume you're talking about the Window->Split Horizontally command in the
GUI?
I took a quick look, it's possible this command is either undocumented or
not exposed (yet) through the scripting interface.
As a workaround, you could perhaps create view snapshots one at a time and
paste them together with some image processing tool.

Tutorial 8 (also available in C++ and Python) shows how to rotate the
camera in a view.
http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#t8

Sincerely,
Max

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 1:54 PM Zuheyr Alsalihi <alsalihi at vki.ac.be> wrote:

> Dear Gmsh creators, experts,
>
> How can I script to split the view in 2 like a technical drawing, view
> from right on the left side, view from left on the right side, in a split
> view? Or can I embed a previous view to a small frame somewhere in the main
> view?
> Many thanks for reading!

Max Orok
Contractor