[Gmsh] Volume not meshing after adding embedded surface

Fariba Rahman fsrahman at bu.edu
Thu Nov 5 00:54:40 CET 2020

Hi Christophe,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I tried using *Surface {26} in Volume {5} * code but this did not work to
embed surface 26 into volume 5, but both volume 5 and surface 6 were
completely meshed.
I have tried embedding my surface 26 into the top face of volume 5 using
the following code below, but I still get the same errors:
*Error: Invalid boundary mesh (overlapping facets) on surface 27 surface 26*
*Error: No elements in volume 3 4 5*

Not sure what else I can do to both completely mesh volume 5 and embed
surface 26 into this volume.
I also have a zoomed in screen shot of the volume 5 and surface 26 below
and attached the source for reference.
Any guidance you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Fariba

*Code used to embed surface 26 into volume 5:*
//-------Gate
Contact-------------------------------------------------------------------------//
Line(57) = {37, 40};
Line(58) = {39, 38};

Line Loop(26) = {57, -55, 58, -52};
Plane Surface(26) = {26};
Physical Surface("Gate-Contact") = {26};

//-----------Top surface of AlGaAs Barrier & embed Gate contact in top
face--------//
Curve Loop(27) = {30, 51, 52, 53, 46, 54, 55, 56};
Plane Surface(27) = {27,26};

//------- Other Surfaces of AlGaAs Barrier Region
--------------------------------------------------------//
Curve Loop(28) = {27, 15, -38, -53, -52, -51};
Plane Surface(28) = {28};
//+
Curve Loop(29) = {44, 21, 29, -56, -55, -54};
Plane Surface(29) = {29};
//+
Curve Loop(30) = {28, -21, 45, -15};
Plane Surface(30) = {30};

//------------AlGaAs Barrier Layer Volume---------------//
Surface Loop(5) = {27, 28, 30, 29, 15, 24, 26};
Volume(5) = {5};
Physical Volume("AlGaAs Barrier Layer") = {5};

[image: image.png]